(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })(); ">
Monday, May 01, 2006
Were you at the 'Bangus Festival' last night? I was. I street-partied last night with about a thousand more people who are proud to be part of the province that supplies the best milkfish in the whole world. Hmmm... Come to think of it, I'm not really an original Pangasinense. I grew up in Manila (this explains why I'm a bit of a rebel and 'pakawala') and moved here when I was five or six. Our house then was situated right in the middle of a bustling Cubao: a good walk away from SM Cubao, Ali Mall, Max's, McDonald's, Rustan's, COD, etc... So you can imagine my shock when I first came in here. There were no tall buildings and malls. On our way to San Fabian (where I live right now), only long rows of mountains and farmlands greeted my sight. I instantly thought that my life will never be the same again.

Ten years swiftly passed. I'm fresh out of high school and I've learned to adapt to my environment. I've gained friends, fallen in and out of love, and learned lessons that will someday pull me through life. Pangasinan wasn't so bad after all.

Ehem, as I was saying... I partied last night blah blah blah and I had fun! Actually, my night didn't start out good. We came late kasi to the party venue eh (A.B. Fernandez Ave.) so the place was packed na. We even had a hard time finding a place to park our vehicle! And while I was squeezing through the crowd, I couldn't help but think "Ang mga Pilipino talaga..." We settled on Stage 9 na lang (because it was the nearest), which is being run by Star FM and Bombo Radyo. The guests were Session Road, Masculados, and the main event- Ethel Booba. As much as I wanted to check out the other stages (I was looking for Hale or PNE), I had no choice na.

The first performers were the Masculados, with their hit singles like Lagot Ka, Gigil, and Swak na Swak. Next came Maricar Fernandez, endorsing White Castle Whiskey (alongside the Masculados)by singing her own medley.

A local band named Roads Asia (or so I think) played next while the next performer (Session Road) was getting ready. While the band played, fireworks lit up the sky. They were beautiful! Sobra! Halatadong pinagka-gastusan ng milyones ni Mayor Benjie! Gazing at the spectacular colors that exploded just above me (yes, we've got the best position!) felt like being sucked into a vortex of multicolored glitters... and one couldn't help but think just how much more wonderful it could be if the person you love was standing beside you, feeling and thinking just the same. Sigh.

The fireworks display lasted for about six minutes. It ended in time for the announcers to introduce Session Road. The band that was Baguio's pride played their hit singles like Suntok sa Buwan and Blanko (a new song that will be included in their new album which is due next month). Even Tuesday Vargas surprised us with her unexpected appearance!

The last and most-anticipated performer was multi-talented comedienne and host Ethel Booba. She was dressed in a tight tube top and sequined micro-mini. Male onlookers bent down in hopes of grabbing a look-see of her *****. Hehe!

When Ethel first sang, one of the wires got unplugged (due to the amount of people who are eager to see her). She sang another song by Sarah Geronimo and proceeded to hosting a mini 'pasiklaban'. She picked five lucky male volunteers from the crowd. The one who exhibits the best breakdance will be declared winner and will get to kiss Ethel on the lips! God, she was sooooooo funny and entertaining! Sobra! She kept on cracking jokes and acting flirty in a funny way even from the start of her performance! The audience roared with laughter and participated with her quirks. Sabi nga nung announcer, "Ang lakas talaga ng hatak ni Ethel Booba!" Eh paano, saan ka ba naman nakakita nung bastos na mga jokes pero sobrang nakakaaliw kung kaya't hindi na pinapansin kung sexual connotation! Sabi pa nga ni Ethel, "May mga batang nakatingala sa baba. Parang naaalala nila yung pinaggalingan nila. At saka may mga big kids pa pala." O, di ba? Hehe!

We let her finish her performance before we went home veeeeery tired (and with stomach gases from so much laughter)! We didn't even remember that we haven't eaten yet! Now, what was I saying a while back? Oh, yes... "Ang mga Pilipino talaga... marunong magsaya!" ^_^
posted by -==Hannah==- at 12:12 AM
1 comments





-=HaNnAh=-
I hope I look good in my pic...
-In love!
-Lazy.
-Agressive.
-A senior high school student.
-Introvert.
-God-fearing.
-Sensitive.
-An actress.
-A singer.
-A journalist.
-A poet.
-A warfreak.
-A friend.

i LoVe:
*Books.
*(Fashon) Magazines.
*Food!
*MMORPG's.
*Acting.
*Singing.
*Babies.
*Baby animals.
*Mascots.
*Sanrio!
*Fairy tales.
*Romance-comedy flicks.
*Horror flicks.
*Harry Potter!
*Daniel Radcliffe.
*The Internet.

WaNtS tO bE fRiEnDs WiTH pEopLe:
#Who are fun-loving.
#Who are MMORPG addicts.
#Who are generous.
#Who are agressive.
#Who are friends.
#Who are loyal.
#Who are true.
#Who are internet freaks.
#Who love books.
#Who are out of place.
#Who need guidance.
#Who need love.

i HaTe
~Black-outs.
~Exotic food.
~Inconsiderate people.
~Failing grades.
~Not having money.

SoMe NoTeS:
Graduation na! Magkakalimutan ba?

I love Someone, but Someone doesn't love me. Somebody loves me, but I don't love Somebody. Will I ever learn to face the fact that I will be happy in the arms of Somebody because Someone will never ever love me?

aRcHiVeS:
August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 February 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 August 2006 October 2006 November 2007

eXiTs:
Fortune-telling
Romeo
Cocoy
MathGenius
RoseAnn
Joan
Joyce
Marztot
Dea
Sharlyn
Fern
Kevin
Pat
NikNok
Nick-o
Roses
Kukote
Banana
Ruth
Lyka
Ivan
Nobe
Sis Rose

AfFiLiAtiOnS:
Journal Listing
Pinoy Directory
Neopets
Fwenster
Weblogger
-==FuN sTuFf==-


Rate this Blogsite!